StyleTap® for iPhone®
StyleTap Platform for iPhone® allows you to run many of the 30,000 mobile applications written for Palm OS on your Apple iPhone or iPod touch.
Download a Trial Version
See the latest Release Notes for additional information.
- Runs most applications for the Palm OS® platform on iPhone and iPod touch devices.
- Supports application programs written for the Palm OS 5.2 platform or earlier versions.
- Includes support for programs that use native ARM code (PNOs, often called "ARMlets").
- StyleTap Platform is very fast – often running applications faster than on the native Palm OS devices.
- Users can cut and paste text and bitmaps between Palm OS applications and native iPhone apps, as well as being Palm OS programs.
- Audio recording and playback
- Support for a "virtual memory card" (applications using VFS), for very large application databases and files (e.g. medical apps, dictionaries, bibles, etc.) that won't fit in main memory. (Since the iPhone does not support external memory cards, StyleTap makes the iPhone multi-gigabyte flash memory appear to be a "virtual memory card" so these applications can continue to work properly.)
- Unique backwards compatibility features enable both older and newer programs to perform direct screen updates.
- Provides virtual "function buttons" to emulate the hardware buttons on Palm devices. (useful for playing many game)
- Supports TCP/IP connectivity
- Supports serial connections and Bluetooth over serial (RFCOMM) for communicating with GPS units, probes, calibration devices, etc.
- Support for the iPhone GPS. StyleTap provides iPhone Core Location information to applications as standard GPS NMEA strings through the Palm OS serial API.
- Vibration (on devices equipped with the appropriate hardware)
- Initiating phone calls (iPhone only)
- Invoking Safari browser
- Exporting vCards (i.e. address book info) into iPhone Contacts.
Install StyleTap Platform Using Cydia
- StyleTap Platform uses another iPhone application called Cydia to do the initial install and subsequent upgrades.
- Cydia is the de facto standard installer program for non-App Store applications, building a list of available applications and then automatically downloading and installing the applications you choose onto your device.
- To install StyleTap Platform for iPhone, you simply need to follow the step-by-step instructions for telling Cydia where to find the StyleTap repository, and then using Cydia to select and install the application.
- If you purchase a license at our website, you will receive a Registration Key that will enable you to continue to use StyleTap after the 14-day trial period.
Installing Palm OS Applications>
- StyleTap Platform for iPhone includes Web Tools, a utility designed to accept other Palm applications and databases being transferred from your desktop computer.
- Run StyleTap Platform on your device and then run the StyleTap Web Tools application. You can then install applications from your desktop PC/MacIntosh/Linux machine using a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.).
- See the Web Tools product page for instructions and screenshots.
- StyleTap Web Tools can also be used to download application databases to a desktop machine and copy databases and files to/from the Virtual Memory Card on the device.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't find your app on the App Store – where is it?
- Can you help me jailbreak my iPhone?
- How can I obtain and install StyleTap Platform for iPhone?
- Does StyleTap Platform for iPhone run on an iPod touch?
- Does StyleTap Platform for iPhone run on an iPad?
- Does StyleTap Platform for iPhone work with iPhone 4?
- Does StyleTap Platform for iPhone work with iOS4?
- Does StyleTap Platform for iPhone work with iOS5?
- Is there a demo version?
- How do I run a Palm OS application with StyleTap Platform?
- Can I transfer my license to another device?
- What applications can I run with StyleTap Platform?